- Birth is a normal, natural and wonderful event.
- Every woman has
the inner wisdom she needs guide her through birth.
- This is a
profound rite of passage, not something that needs automatic medical
- Giving birth needs to be a sacred experience.
needs to be celebrated and the mother honoured for her work.
- The essence of childbirth education is self-discovery rather than
assimilating obstetrical information.
- Educators provide a
compassionate, supportive and nurturing environment for all parents.
Gently "unlocking" women's inner wisdom of birth.
- Helping prepare
the hearts and souls of the parents, not just their minds.
information on alternatives to regular labour and birthing practices
- Giving parents tools that will support them through
childbirth and beyond.
- Facilitating the appreciation that birth
is a normal, natural and wonderful event.
- Helping the mother give
birth meaningfully, rather than focused on a specific birth outcome.
- Empowering women and their partners to make informed decisions, to
assume responsibility for their health and to trust their inner